The Institute invites applications for admission to its Doctoral Programme in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) and Design (DS), under the following categories:
- Institute Assistantship (IA)
- /Semi Govt. Fellowship Award (FA) (MeitY, CSIR, UGC, DAE, DST, DBT, NBHM, etc.)
- Sponsored Candidates (SW)
- Institute Staff (IS), for Institute Staff of IIITDM Jabalpur
- Project Staff (PS), for Project Staff of IIITDM Jabalpur
- External candidates, sponsored by recognized R & D organizations / academic institution / industry (EX) (Institute Assistantship, Govt./Semi Govt. Fellowship Award, Part time for Institute Staff of IIITDM Jabalpur, Project Staff of IIITDM Jabalpur and External candidates, sponsored by recognized R & D organizations / academic institution / industry)
- Special part time Ph.D. programme for working Professionals
- The minimum experience for the Part Time PhD Program for working personals is 05 years. However, the persons employed in the defense organizations the minimum requirement will be waived but such applications must be properly forwarded.
Eligibility for Admissions
A minimum of 60 percent marks OR a CPI/CGPA of 6.0 (on the scale of 10.00) shall be required at the master’s level qualifying examination (M.Tech./ M.E. /M.Des. etc.) as the specified minimum for admission in a Ph.D. programme for concerned disciplines. Please see the table below for the eligibility criteria for each discipline.
|PhD (Name of the Discipline)||Minimum Qualifications*||Other Essential Requirement||Desirable|
|PhD in Computer Science and Engineering||ME/M.Tech in (CS/ CSE/ IT /CE /CST/CT/ CSA/ or in any CS related Subjects like AI/Software Systems/Computing/Etc.)||Qualified GATE in Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)||Graduate Degree as per the Annexure-1|
|PhD in Electronics and Communication Engineering||ME/M.Tech in (EE/ECE/PC/ICE) or in any EE or ECE related Subjects.||Qualified GATE in Electrical Engineering (EE) or Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC).|
|PhD in Design||Master’s degree (2 years duration) in Design (MDes), Technology (MTech) and Architecture (M.Arch.)
Master’s degree in fine arts, Drawing, Painting and Architecture. However, such candidates must hold Bachelors’ degree om Design/ Engineering/Technology/ Architecture.
NET or similar National Eligibility Test
|Graduate Degree as per the Annexure-1|
*Minimum duration for such masters’ programme shall be two years.
Institute Assistantship (IA)
The students under this category are entitled to financial support (Teaching Assistantship), as per the MHRD norms. Further, the student is required to assist 8 hours of work per week assigned by the Discipline.
Fellowship Award (FA)
These candidates are financially supported under various Govt. / Semi Govt. schemes (CSIR, UGC, DAE, DST, DBT, NBHM, etc.), Department of Electronics and Information Technology (Deity), Aeronautics Research & Development Board (ARDB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB), Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), etc. The candidates under this category may be assigned teaching assignment per week by the Discipline, as per the requirement of the concerned fellowship.
Sponsored Candidate (SW)
These candidates are sponsored by recognized R&D organizations/academic institution/ industry for doing research work in the Institute. Candidates are expected to be relieved for full time research work at the Institute for a minimum period of three years. They will not receive any financial support from the Institute.
Institute Staff (IS)
This category is only for the persons employed as Institute Staff at IIITDM Jabalpur and the candidate should have worked in the Institute for at least 2 years on a regular position at the time of admission.
Project Staff (PS)
This category refers to the candidates employed at IIITDM Jabalpur and working on sponsored projects undertaken by the Institute and admitted to the Ph.D. programme. A candidate will be eligible to apply under this category if the remaining duration of the project at the time of admission is 2 years or more and subject to following additional conditions:
- Project staff shall apply through the PI of the project along with a research proposal in line with the project on which he/she is working. Such application shall be forwarded by the head of the discipline under PS category and shall clearly mention in her/his application “Financial Assistance for the Stipend or Fellowship shall strictly be borne by the project funds and not by MHRD/Institute Assistantship”.
- The Project Staff shall not be paid any Institute assistantship (She/ He will be receiving his scholarship /assistantship from the project in which he/she is employed) and the institute shall have no liability whatsoever, in case the project tenure is over and the PI is unable to pay the assistantship to the student. The financial onus of the student strictly lies with the Principal Investigator (PI) and the Project.
- The PS shall perform assignment assigned by the PI of the project under this category.
This category refers to a student employed in an R&D organization/ academic institution/ industry having adequate research facilities. Such organizations shall be approved by the Senate. The Institute does not provide any assistantship/ fellowship to such a student. There shall be two sub-categories in this:
- Candidates who are local (that is they are able to attend all classes, labs, etc on regular basis) and have been employed as professionals in an establishment/ organization/ institute. Such candidates shall not be having any bounding of the residence requirement.
- Candidates who are non-local (that is they are not able to attend all classes, labs, etc on regular basis) and have been employed as professionals in an establishment/ organization/ institute approved by the Senate. The research work leading to the Ph.D. degree by such students may be carried out largely in the parent organization of the candidate under a local supervisor approved by the Senate from the organization but with the overall guidance provided by a faculty member (Institute Supervisor) of the Discipline in which she/he is registered. Such candidates are:
- required to be resident of the institute till they complete the course work and pass the comprehensive examination and
- get the approval of the Chairperson, Senate on a written proposal (prepared in consultation with his supervisor(s)) outlining the work proposed to be done in his thesis.
Special Part Time Ph.D. Programme for working Professionals
- The person employed in
- defense or railway establishment or in a company/industry having turnover of Rs. 100 crores or more at executive position and have 10 years or more experience in a company are eligible for admission under this category. Such candidates will be recommended by their parent department and approved by the DPGC of the concerned discipline for the PhD admission.
- Requirement of GATE/CEED will be waived for such candidates.
- Most of their work will be carrying out at their parent department only.
- For such candidates residence requirement will be waived. Further, they will be given waiver for Communication English course and teaching credits but they need to fulfill all other requirements of Ph.D. programme.
- The candidates will have a supervisor from the Institute and one external supervisor from the concerned establishment.
- A MoU will be signed with all establishment/unit for the purpose.
Direct Admission to Ph.D after B.Tech
- Students who are currently in their final year in any of the Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) will only be eligible for the admission under this category.
- To be eligible for the admission under this category, a candidate is required to have a minimum CPI of at least 8.0 CPI or equivalent (on a scale of 10) at the end of the seventh semester under OPEN and OBC categories. For SC/ST category students, the minimum CPI requirement will be relaxed to 7.0. Qualified and valid NET/GATE score is mandatory in this case.
- They shall be admitted through the same regular admission process as specified for the regular Ph.D. students.
- Relaxation for reserved category in the eligibility requirements shall be as per Govt. of India norms.
- In case of sponsored and part time categories, candidates shall have a regular employment and shall be required to apply through proper channel (the employer or her/his authorized signatory). Such candidate shall have served for at least two years in a reputed R&D establishment/ organization/ academic institution/ company associated with design, development and/or manufacturing of engineering products.
- For detailed information about the D. Programme, please go through the link:
http://www.iiitdmj.ac.in/academics/download/Academic%20Guidelines_271017.pdf and to fill up online application form please go through the link: http://admission.iiitdmj.ac.in/
- Last date for the filling of application along with upload of required documents shall update in the web very soon. Kindly note that Institute will accept only online application forms. Fee of Rs. 500/- for Gen and OBC & Rs. 300/- for SC/ST category candidates by
Link for payment is http://services.sabpaisa.in/pages/iitdm.html#ChildVerticalTab_12.
- The list of short-listed candidates and other announcements regarding admission will be uploaded on Institute’s website iiitdmj.ac.in
Address for communication:
Assistant Registrar (Academic),
PDPM IIITDM Jabalpur,
Dumna Airport Road,
Post: Khamaria, Jabalpur (MP) – 482005
Annexure I: Qualifying Bachelors Degree Requirement
|Computer Science and Engineering||Electronics and Communication Engineering||Design|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Computer Engineering||B.E./B.Tech. in Advanced Communication and Information System||B.Des. (Bachelors’ Degree in Design)|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Computer Science||B.E./B.Tech. in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||B.E./ B.Tech. in any field|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering||B.E./B.Tech. in Applied Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering||B.Arch.|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Computer Science and Information Technology||B.E./B.Tech. in Automation and Robotics|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Computer Technology||B.E./B.Tech. in Communication Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Information Technology||B.E./B.Tech. in Control and Electrical Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Computer and Communication Engineering||B.E./B.Tech. in Control and Instrumentation|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Computer Engineering and Application||B.E./B.Tech. in Control Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Computer Science and Systems Engineering||B.E./B.Tech. in Control System Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Computer Science and Technology||B.E./B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Information and Communication Technology||B.E./B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics (Power System)|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Information Engineering||B.E./B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Information Science||B.E./B.Tech. in Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Information Science and Engineering||B.E./B.Tech. in Electrical and Power Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Software Engineering||B.E./B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Information Science and Technology||B.E./B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering (Power)|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering (Power)|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering and Industrial Control|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electrical Instrumentation and Control Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electrical Power Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electronic Instrumentation and Control Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics and Avionics|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics and Computer Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics and Control Systems|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics and Electrical Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics and Information Systems|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics and Power Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics and Telematics Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics Communication and Instrumentation Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics Design Technology|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics Engineering (Design and Manufacturing)|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics Instrument and Control|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics Science and Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics Technology|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Instrumentation and Control Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Instrumentation Engineering|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Instrumentation Technology|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Radio Physics and Electronics|
|B.E./B.Tech. in Telecommunication Engineering|
Important Dates for Ph D Admission
|Date of start to fill up on-line application||14-07-2021||Wednesday|
|Last date of filling up on line application and Submission of relevant documents if any||30-07-2021||Friday|
|Announcement of short-listed candidates for written test/Interview||04-08-2021||Wednesday|
|Date of Interview|
|PhD- Computer Science and Engineering||10-08-2021||Monday|
|PhD- Electronics and Communication Engineering||10-08-2021||Monday|
|Announcement of Selected candidates on website||16-08-2021||Friday|
|Last date to deposit fee by selected candidates||23-08-2021||Monday|
|Registration/ Orientation||27-08-2021 &
|Commencement of Classes||31-08-2021||Tuesday|
Seat Matrix for CSE, ECE and Design discipline
|Computer Science & Engineering||7||0||3||0||8||0||2||0||2||0||22|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||4||0||3||0||3||1||2||0||2||0||15|